The good quality paints contain:
- The first thing is Pigments that impart color and opacity in the paint. For instance, titanium dioxide malaysia (chem. TiO2) basically is being used as a white pigment and in the paints. and titanium dioxide also works as a UV filter protecting the paints’ binder material.
- The second thing is Binder, also known as resin, is a polymer that forms a matrix to hold the pigment in place. It holds the pigment altogether in the paint.
- The third thing is the extender. The extender is larger pigment particles added for improving adhesion, saving binder, and strengthening the film in the paint.
- The fourth thing is solvent, also known as thinner. These days, water-borne paints are replacing those paints that are using volatile organic compounds. For instance, the hydrocarbons which are harmful to the ecosystem.
- The fifth thing is additives which are now broadly used in paints to enhance or modify the properties of the liquid paint or any dry film. These additives improve the overall quality of the paints. For instance, the acrylic emulsion is used as an additive for paints and varnishes to enhance the abrasion resistance, washability, and protection of fungi and algae. Another additive for paints is Methylcellulose which prevents paint pigments from settling, gives an incomparably smoothness and consistency and improves adherence to milk paint. It also enhances the hardening of lime in addition to improving the opening time of grouts. Methylcellulose protects grouts and paints from an extreme dryness as well.
- The sixth thing is dispersants. These are used in paint to separate and stabilize pigments particles.
- The seventh thing used in paint is silicones. These are used to improve weather resistance. It protects the walls against extreme weather conditions such as heat, rain, windstorms, etc.
- The eighth thing is thixotropic agents. These are used in paint to give paints a jelly-like consistency. This consistency then breaks down to a liquid when stirred or brush is dipped into it. It makes the application process rather easy and less messy.
- The ninth thing is drivers. These are used to accelerate the drying process of the paint after application on the surfaces.
- The tenth thing used in paints is anti-settling agents. These agents prevent pigments from settings such as methylcellulose.
- The eleventh is bactericides, fungicides, and algaecides. These are added to protect exterior paint films from disfigurement from molds.
Also, check out this article.