Fish is one of the protein sources that actually comes in various types. If you buy chicken, you will have one or two types of chickens only but fish? You will get more than that. Salmon, tilapia, cod, tuna, king mackerel, chub mackerels, barramundi and a lot more.
You can choose either to eat it fried, baked, grilles or even soup. It is all very easy, healthy and will not take a lot of your time making fish dishes. You will also be able to buy fresh fish from an online store in Malaysia. Here are a few fish recipes that you should try especially when you are busy and in a rush.
1. Salmon with Creamy Sauce
Salmon is actually a go-to type of fish if you want to make a simple and quick dish because the fish itself is already flavourful. To make this dish, you might already have it in your kitchen.
– 1 salmon fillet
– 1 – 2 teaspoons of lemon-pepper seasoning
– 1 teaspoon onion salt
– 1 small onion (separated into rings)
– Few slices of lemon (depends on the size of fish)
For the creamy and tangy sauce, you will only need:
– 1/3 cup of mayonnaise
– 1/3 cup of sour cream
– 1 tablespoon of chopped onion
– 1 teaspoon lemon juice
– A pinch of garlic salt
– A pinch of pepper
Bake the fish in the oven at 350 C for 20 minutes.
2. Fish and chips
This is everyone’s favourite and you can make it in your own kitchen. This is easy and does not need a lot of ingredients.
– 4 medium sized salmon fillets
– 1 – 2 tablespoon prepared horseradish
– 1 tablespoon of hot sauce
– 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese (add more if you like)
– 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
– A pinch of salt
– ½ cup bread crumbs (add more if you want more crunch)
– Melted butter or cooking spray (for the pan)
– 4 cups of steak fries
You have to preheat the oven at 220 C before putting anything in and put the steak fries on the lowest oven rack for 18 – 20 minutes. Bake the fish for 8 – 10 minutes or until the crumbs are nice and golden on the middle oven rack.
3. Baked Tilapia
This is the easiest meal that you will ever have and the fish is also affordable. If you get the fresh tilapia fish, you will get to experience how ‘clean’ the fish will taste. This is the menu for 4 people.
– 4 tilapia fillets
– 3 tablespoons of lemon juice
– 3 tablespoons of melted butter
– 1 ½ teaspoons of garlic powder
– A pinch of salt and pepper
– ½ teaspoon of dried oregano
– ½ teaspoon of paprika (add more if you want it spicier)
Combine the lemon juice and melted butter with garlic powder, salt and pepper and pour it on the tilapia fillets on the baking tray. Sprinkle dried oregano and paprika on top of it. Bake at 225 C for 10 – 15 minutes and make sure it is uncovered.
These 3 dishes are very easy and healthy as well as time and cost-efficient.